Multi – Media Environmental Compliance Audits
EHSS auditors are recognized for conducting the most comprehensive multi-media compliance audits in the industry. Audits are conducted by highly specialized and certified individuals. EHSS conducts in-depth multimedia audits based on both environmental and health and safety protocols. Audits are designed to assess compliance with applicable federal, state and local environmental and health and safety regulations, laws, best management practices and individual company policies. Audits are designed to identify noncompliance issues or potential liabilities within a company and attempt to determine root causes of identified issues. Audits are intended to:
- Verify compliance with environmental and health and safety regulations and company policies;
- Reduce the occurrence of environmental and/or health and safety incidents and accidents;
- Reduce the release of pollutants into the environment;
- Reduce worker exposure to workplace contaminants or work activities;
- Increase the overall awareness of environmental, health and safety concerns;
- Identify practices needed to achieve multi-media environmental and health and safety compliance, including best management practices;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of health and safety and environmental management systems in place; and
- Demonstrate the client’s commitment to environmental and worker protection.
Development of Environmental Plans
EHSS can provide assistance with the design, development and implementation of comprehensive plans required by varying environmental regulations. Examples of plans may include, but are not limited to, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) and Groundwater Protection Plans (GPP). Experienced EHSS individuals conduct a detailed review of the facility requiring a plan to verify existing conditions at the facility are in compliance with applicable regulations. The environmental plan will be drafted based on requirements as identified in applicable environmental regulations. Plan construction includes development of required associated documentation including, but not limited to, required inspection templates, training documentation templates and templates for plan review documentation.
Development of Environmental Management Systems
An Environmental Management System (EMS) is a set of processes and practices which enable an organization to reduce its environmental impacts and increase its operating efficiency. EHSS has extensive experience in design and implementation of EMS. EHSS can assist clients in development of a comprehensive EMS which can result in both environmental and business benefits:
- Improve environmental performance
- Enhance compliance
- Prevent pollution and conserve resources
- Reduce/mitigate risks
- Attract new customers and markets
- Increase efficiency
- Reduce costs
- Enhance image with public, regulators, lenders, investors
- Achieve/improve employee awareness of environmental issues and responsibilities.
EMS development typically involves the documentation of policies and procedures enacted in order to achieve compliance with applicable environmental and health and safety regulations. EHSS reviews existing processes and procedures to determine compliance with environmental and health and safety regulations and company policies. These procedures are documented in a systematic approach to support continued and future compliance. In addition, EHSS identifies gaps and develops processes and procedures for the correction of identified gaps to support continual program and process improvement.